HCBS Setting Transition Plans for BHD Waivers
Submit Feedback on a Provider Setting
Complete the online survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/publicHCBSsurvey
Waiver Amendments Proposed
Documents were reposted on 9-24-14 in order to address an oversight regarding the conflict free case management model referred to in Appendix D (1)(b) and to remove the "relative" and "guardian" checkboxes from people who can provide the service.
Public comment period for these amendments ended on November 3, 2014.
SIS Pilot Project
· SIS Pilot Project Posted 9-25-14 PDF
Variance Reporting Pilot Project
· Variance Reporting Pilot Project Posted 8-29-14 PDF
Clinical Review Team (CRT)
· Clinical Review Team (CRT) Membership and Experience Summary Posted 6-16-14
· Link to Page for Clinical Review Team (CRT) Policy and Form
Conflict Free Case Management Model
· Conflict Free Case Management Model revised 5-12-2014
Understanding Your IBA for the Comprehensive Waiver
· Explanation on IBA Methodology Posted 5-16-2014
· Recorded Training "Understanding Your New IBA for the Comprehensive Waiver" Posted 4-3-14
· Printable PowerPoint "Understanding Your New IBA for the Comprehensive Waiver" Posted 4-3-14
· Talking Points "Understanding Your New IBA for the Comprehensive Waiver" Posted 4-3-14
· Sample IBA Participant Letter Posted 4-3-14
Response on Wait List Funding from 2014 Legislative Session
· The wait list funding from the legislature went into effect July 1, 2014. Funding letters are being distributed throughout the six months of 2014.
· Not all persons on the wait list will receive a funding letter. We will fund everyone waiting 18 months or longer as of September 30, 2013 onto the Supports waiver, unless they meet the eligibility and emergency criteria for the Comprehensive Waiver.
· A plan of care must be submitted to the Division within 3 months from the date of the funding letter or the funding opportunity will be lost and re-application for the waiver is required
A Message from Chris Newman, Senior Administrator Posted 11-21-2014
In response to significant public input on the change to a 15 minute case management unit, the Division has made the decision to continue to offer the opportunity for case managers to use the monthly case management unit until the waiver service rates can be rebased and approved by the legislature. Case managers, working with the participant, guardian and the participant’s team can decide to use either the 15 minute unit or the monthly unit. This decision is contingent upon the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ current rules which do not require 15 minute units.
For the full announcement and action items please read through the provider bulletin released on 11-21-14, available on this webpage:
We appreciate the input and recommendations we received from case managers, parents, providers and other stakeholders on this issue.
Legislation on Waiver Redesign
2013 Senate Enrolled Act No. 0082 Medicaid Reform (Legislation requiring the Division to develop and redesign waiver program.)
Need to Contact Us?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org