Skip Navigation Links Wyoming Department of Health

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Many pages on this site may not display properly for Internet Explorer 11 users. Please consider another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

Frequently Asked Qustions by Providers

Q:  How do I get a code covered by Medicaid?

A:  A provider may contact Xerox, Inc. in writing with a request to cover any code not covered.  This request must include a complete description of the item or services, the code or codes you wish to have covered, and the appropriate modifiers.  You may mail this to Xerox, Inc., Provider Relations Unit, P.O. Box 667, Cheyenne, WY  82003-0667.

Q:  How do I know what codes to use when billing for a service, equipment, or supplies?

A:  The American Medical Association publishes two coding manuals each year.  They are the Current Procedural Terminology CPT, and the Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System "HCPCS (pronounced hick picks)."  Use these manuals to help you identify the correct codes for billing your services.  Xerox, Inc. and the Division of Healthcare Financing, Office of Medicaid cannot advise you on which codes to use.

Q:  How do I find out if Medicaid covers a procedure?

A:  There are two methods you can use to find this information.  First, click on Fee Schedule (on the Xerox web site).  The fee schedule lists all the codes for medical procedures, equipment and supplies covered by Medicaid.  Each code is assigned a fee and effective date.  If your code is not listed, it may not be covered by Medicaid.  The second method is to call Provider Relations at 1-800-251-1268 and ask if your specific code is covered.