Medicare Savings Programs
The Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) program and Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB) program make up the Medicare Savings programs. These programs help Medicare beneficiaries of modest means pay for Medicare expenses. The QMB program covers Medicare premiums, co-payments and deductibles, and the SLMB program covers Medicare premiums only.
|You must be:
- A U.S. Citizen or a lawful permanent resident who has lived in the U.S. for at least five years
- A Wyoming resident
- Entitled to Medicare Part A and Part B
- Income eligible
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB)
- Household of 1: $973
- Household of 2: $1,311
- Specified Low Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB)
- Household of 1: $1,167
- Household of 2: $1,573
- Resource eligible - limits are:
- Individual: $7,160
- Couple: $10,750
What does the Medicare Savings program cost?
There are no co-payments or premium costs for Medicare Savings programs.
How do I apply?
You may apply online at www.wesystem.wyo.gov, download a Medicaid Application in English or Spanish or contact the Customer Service Center at 855-294-2127.
What do I need to apply?
- Provide a Social Security Number or verification that you have applied for one
- May have to provide documents to verify income and resources
- Verification of entitlement to Medicare Part A and Part B