Medicare Savings Programs
The Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) program, Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB) and Qualified Individual (QI) program make up the Medicare Savings programs. These programs help Medicare beneficiaries of modest means pay for Medicare expenses. The QMB program covers Medicare premiums, co-payments and deductibles, and the SLMB and QI programs cover Medicare premiums only.
|You must be:
- A U.S. Citizen or a lawful permanent resident who has lived in the U.S. for at least five years
- A Wyoming resident
- Entitled to Medicare Part A and Part B
- Income eligible
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB)
- Household of 1: $981
- Household of 2: $1,328
- Specified Low Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB)
- Household of 1: $1,177
- Household of 2: $1,593
- Qualified Individual (QI)
- Household of 1: $1,325
- Household of 2: $1,793
- Resource eligible - limits are:
- Individual: $7,280
- Couple: $10,930
What does the Medicare Savings program cost?
There are no co-payments or premium costs for Medicare Savings programs.
How do I apply?
You may apply online at www.wesystem.wyo.gov, download a Medicaid Application in English or Spanish or contact the Customer Service Center at 855-294-2127.
What do I need to apply?
- Provide a Social Security Number or verification that you have applied for one
- May have to provide documents to verify income and resources
- Verification of entitlement to Medicare Part A and Part B