About the Behavioral Health Division, Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services
Please contact us by phone at 1-800-535-4006
or Click Here to send an email
A message from us…
Like you, we are citizens of this great state and like you, we are concerned about the challenges posed by mental illness and addiction. Each of us has chosen to work for the Behavioral Health Division because we believe this is where we can make a difference. Our work is guided by the following guiding principles. You should always feel free to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate compliments but we also learn from constructive criticism. Both are welcomed.
1. Citizen advocacy: Our decisions will always be made looking through the eyes of Wyoming people and families who need quality mental health and substance abuse treatment, prevention and recovery services.
2. Community empowerment: Substance abuse and mental health are issues confronting communities, e.g. schools, the work place, neighborhoods, places where people worship, have fun and live. Our role is to encourage and empower communities to meet the need as they see it in their own communities.
3. Performance contracting: The division is entrusted with taxpayer funds to purchase tens of millions of dollars in mental health and substance abuse services. We have a responsibility to make certain that every dollar produces a good outcome for those who need the services and for those who pay for them.
4. Data collection, research and analysis: The Division will be the most respected source of data, research and information on best practices for mental health and substance abuse in Wyoming.
5. Integrated efforts and collaboration: We will undertake no program or initiative without including others including the clients of the mental health and substance abuse system and their families. This work is far too important for us to go it alone.
Our doors are open and we encourage your comments and your ideas. Together we can meet the great challenges of mental health and addictions.
Please feel free to contact our Administrator at 1-307-777-6494.