The first step of the new Wyoming Eligibility System (WES), which will improve the application process for Wyoming Medicaid and Kid Care CHIP, has been launched this week by the Wyoming Department of Health (WDH).
A new centralized WDH Customer Service Center has opened and a new application for both programs is available.
“The second step of this process will be the start of the new online WES application system, which we expect to be available in mid to late November,” said Teri Green, Division of Healthcare Financing senior administrator and state Medicaid agent with WDH. “We are building a system that will be used for years to come and we want to get this right for the citizens of Wyoming.”
Green said WDH is working with its contractor to ensure everything functions properly for users and the system is fully secure.
Jan Stall, Division of Healthcare Financing eligibility and operations administrator with WDH, said once WES is available online it will offer improvements such as real-time decision making and a convenient way to apply or renew benefits any time of day.
“During this transition time, we will use a mix of new and existing resources to serve people who want to apply for benefits,” Stall said. Options include:
- Call the WDH Customer Service Center at 1-855-294-2127 to complete applications over the telephone.
- Submit applications online at https://healthlink.wyo.gov
- Scan and email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax completed applications to 1-855-329-5205
- Mail completed applications or apply in person to the WDH Customer Service Center, 6101 Yellowstone Rd., Suite 259D, Cheyenne, WY 82002.