Skip Navigation Links Wyoming Department of Health

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Many pages on this site may not display properly for Internet Explorer 11 users. Please consider another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

Psychiatric Hospital Facility – Wyoming Licensure Information

A valid state license is required prior to providing care to any clients.

Following are the requirements and procedures through which your agency may be approved to be licensed as a provider of Psychiatric Hospital Facility services.
Click below for a license application for State licensure.  Please fill out the application in its entirety and submit to our office, along with the required fee.  After reviewing the regulations, please contact one of our engineers at (307) 777-7123 to discuss the building requirements and any construction review approval process.  Once we have approved these items, a provisional license will be issued, and you will be able to start providing services to clients/patients/residents.
When you have clients for which you are providing services, your agency must request, in writing, that a health survey be conducted. An unannounced survey will be provided by state surveyors as soon as scheduling permits.
A valid license permits an applicant to operate a healthcare facility in Wyoming.  It does not enroll or certify a provider or supplier of healthcare services to participate in federal certification programs (Medicare/Medicaid).

Psychiatric Hospital Facility: New Facility or Change of Ownership Application

Please note: This license application is provided in MS Word format. If you experience problems opening the license application or want to request that the application be e-mailed to you in PDF format, please contact us by e-mail or by telephone: (307) 777-7123

Psychiatric Hospital Facility Licensure Checklist
  Word Format    PDF Format

Psychiatric Hospital Facility Rules and Regulations
      Chapter 15 (Licensure) - 06-18-1999

Healthcare Facility Construction Rules and Regulations
      Chapter 3 - 04-03-2008
      Chapter 3 Guidelines:  Word Format    PDF Format

Office of Civil Rights

Office of Civil Rights:

If you are a healthcare provider seeking initial Medicare Part A certification and/or undergoing a change of ownership (CHOW), you need a civil rights clearance.

To receive a civil rights clearance, you must complete the Civil Rights Information Request for Medicare Certification Package. To guide you through completing the Package, we have created this portal that will help you develop/submit polices that meet your civil right requirements.

You may submit hard copies of the civil rights package to the Wyoming Healthcare Licensing and Surveys OR you may choose to submit the civil rights package online directly into the OCR intake queue at

If you opt to submit online, you will receive an e-mail from OCR stating that you have completed the civil rights submission. The e-mail will contain an OCR number, which is critical to OCR’s ability to access your submission from the OCR intake queue. You must submit a copy of this e-mail to Healthcare Licensing and Surveys in lieu of the completed hard copy package.

Healthcare Licensing and Surveys will include the hard copy package or the OCR number, along with the initial or Change of Ownership (CHOW) certification paperwork, to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Regional Office. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) will not certify you as a Medicare provider if you do not receive a clearance from OCR.