Self-Password Reset - For users filing births, deaths, marriages, or divorces.
In order to utilize the "forgot" password function of the Gateway, you will need to do the following steps:
- Access the Gateway system at https://vss.health.wyo.gov
- Enter your username and password
- If you do not know your current password, you must contact Vital Statistics Services at 777-6943 to have your password reset.
- Once you are logged in, you must verify the email associated with your account. If this email is not correct it will impact your ability to reset your password on your own.
- After you have verified your email, you must create three security questions with an answer. This process will assist in protecting your account. It is important you do not share your security phrases or answers with another person.
- Once your email has been verified and your three security questions are created, you can utilize the "Forgot Password" of the Gateway.
- You will be asked to verify your email address quarterly, but will only create your security questions one time.
- If you do not follow the above steps you will not be able to use the "Forgot Password" function.
Information on the new Log-on Page
This information is meant for those parties filing a vital record such as a hospital or funeral home.
Effective 10/25/2012, if you are accessing the Vital Statistics Services web application to file/register births, deaths, marriages, or divorces you will notice the gateway has changed.
This new gateway supports a self-reset password function that will allow all users to reset their own password if it is not known. All users will be required to verify the email address (VERY IMPORTANT) and set up 3 security questions.
The email address and security questions will be used to verify the user and assist in the password reset process. It is extremely important that the email associated with your username on file is correct otherwise this process will not work.
Additionally, User names and password will not change because of this update. Vital Statistics Services highly recommends viewing the file below for additional information and guidance.
Highlights of this change include:
Verifying the email on the user's account, this must be correct in order for the "reset password" to work.
Create 3 security questions for additional authentication on the account.
A "forgot password" function will be deployed. This is based on an email and username.