IMPORTANT NOTICE: Many pages on this site may not display properly for Internet Explorer 11 users. Please consider another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

Marriage/Divorce Certificate Details

Printable Marriage or Divorce Certificate Application Form


Marriage and divorce records may be obtained by:
  • Either party
  • Lawyer acting for either party 

Required information:

  • Full names of husband and wife including prior surname of wife
  • Date of occurrence
  • City or county of occurrence
  • Signature of husband or wife named on certificate
  • Mailing address where record is to be mailed
  • Identification: Requests must include a photocopy of the driver’s license, State ID card, or passport of the person requesting the certificate. We will also accept a notarized signature of the person making the request. The copy should be enlarged to make sure that it is legible.

Important Notes:

  • The fee for obtaining marriage or divorce certificates is $13.
  • If a record is not located, your $13 fee will be retained as a searching fee.
  • Marriage and divorce records since May 1941 are on file. Previous records must be obtained from the county clerk where license was issued.
  • Records that are fifty (50) years old should be obtained from Wyoming State Archives.

Payment and Expediting Requests

Requests should be submitted along with the fee. Money orders or a personalized check from the person making the request should be made payable to Vital Statistics Services. Please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope with the request. All personal checks are only accepted when:

  • The requestor is entitled to the record and
  • The check is personalized and on the account of the person making the request
  • Third-party or non-bank personalized checks will not be processed.

Send to: Vital Statistics Services
Hathaway Building
Cheyenne, WY 82002
(307) 777-7591

  • Requests can be sent to the Vital Statistics office by any overnight delivery service. If you wish to have your certificates returned by means other than first class mail, please supply us with a pre-paid, self-addressed envelope for FedEx, UPS, or US Postal express mail. Both FedEx and UPS envelopes will be required to have an account number listed on the envelope and should list your address as both the sender and the addressee.
  • We will process all requests as quickly as possible.